Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Hi all -- I've been browsing this site for a while and just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm seriously considering building a Kitfox kit and have been reading many of the build logs and generally trying to learn as much as I can.
    I'm a bit intimidated by the scope of such a project, as there seem to be so many aspects to it, however this community seems very supportive and a great resource. I have a background in cabinet making, and have renovated several houses, built many radio controlled "things" and maintain two motorcycles -- but I've never built something like this from the ground up.

Anyway -- I'm located in Ontario, Canada and would love the opportunity to meet up with kitfox owners and/or builders.

Dave.

Default Re: Introduction

Welcome aboard Dave. Many of us had never built or assisted on an aircraft build before building our first Kitfox.

One of the reasons that Kitfox has been and continues to be so popular is the quality and completeness of the entire kit and one of the best build manuals in the kit built aircraft business. Combine that with the support from Kitfox Aircraft along with hundreds of builders here on TeamKitfox.com and you have a formula for one of the highest completion rates of any homebuilt aircraft in the history of aviation. You also end up with the sexiest looking S.T.O.L. aircraft available.😀
    No aircraft build is a small commitment. You have to early on decide you will do whatever you have to to complete your project. Time, money and determination gets every aircraft built. You can do it. It’s a very rewarding endeavor in so many ways.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I have been on for a couple of months, asking questions, Finally bit the bullet and ordered a 7SS trigear. Just be advised they are now into a March 2021 production, so it will be a lonnnnng wait.

From what you say, you are more than qualified to build a Kitfox. Just dont be in a hurry, and dont set a definate finish date.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

What Ken said!

Thank you for all the kind words and support -- I will continue to read and educate myself on the process.

To be honest, a wait time to Spring of 2021 is not that concerning, as I have various projects I can finish up so that I could spend more time focused on a build.

Thanks again,

Dave.

Agreed with what others said above. You sound well qualified. Having built or participated in several different builds by other manufactures, the Kitfox Manuals are the best in the business!! Also excellent help on this list. I too was intimidated by the overall scope of the project. But decided to break it down. I was building an elevator, didn't look ahead. When done I am building a horizontal stab, and so on.
    David E.
    Woodstock, Georgia
    N97DE S5 TD Flying

N97KE RV-9A Sold
    N96KE RV10 Sold
    Rans S21 Helping Brother Build (Selling)
    Vans RV-14A (On Order)