Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: POH for model 5

Default POH for model 5

Hey guys, I hate to bring up an old subject, but I just acquired a Kitfox 5 Safari and need a POH, Pilot Operating Handbook, for it. If anyone has one in digital format and willing to share, I would appreciate it very much.
    Last edited by KenZ; 12-03-2019 at 08:47 PM. Reason: clarification

Default Re: POH for model 5

Hi Ken, Because each homebuilt is unique in its own right, the specific POH for each airplane is made up by the builder or owner. Apparently you didn't get one from the seller so you are now the test pilot and author for your Series 5. For instance my Series 5 Outback POH would be of no help to you because not much of the information in it would be relevant to your Safari. When I wrote mine ' I used an old cessna 172 manual that I used as a template and thru my flight testing came up with the necessary data to fill in the blanks. For some general info and flight characteristics Kitfox sells "the Kitfox pliot's guide" on their website store, probably a good place to start. Bruce N199CL

Default Re: POH for model 5

Hi Bruce, Thanks for the info. I did order that handbook from Kitfox, but haven't received it yet. Just hoping to have a start with someones template. My typing is very slow!
    Got hard copies of other aircraft also.
    Ken
    Kenz
    Kitfox V Safari
    GRT Sport 10.1
    Lycoming O-320 -160 hp