For those of us too cheap to buy anything we can make ...

Made these myself, bought the material AND the sewing machine for less than commercially upholstered
seats. These are heavy Cordura, and I wash them with a bucket of soapy water and a scrub brush on plane
wash day.

This is the machine, it sews this material easily just need to lube the thread with silicon spray to
prevent fraying. Took a little practice to learn to sew, but if you can build a plane ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REX-RX-607Z...cAAOSw7FRWXcof

I bought Memory foam skins from a foam manufacturer in Florida for about $10 per 1" x 4' x 6' skin. They cut it off
the foam blocks when they make the foam. Works fine for upholstery, but looks ugly and they can't sell it
for manufacturing sales.

You can cut it with a knife easily, but I discovered that the bandsaw cuts it like butter, and makes perfect cuts.
The seat bottom is three laminations. one medium density, and two soft density foam. Then glued together
with spray adhesive.

Cordura is backed by 1/4" sew foam which is spray glued to the cordura before cutting.

The lower seat cushion is a good 3" thick, but you sink into it quickly, and it's good for hours at a time.

Jeff

P1020800.jpg