Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Looking for some real world numbers on a 100 hp STI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Looking for some real world numbers on a 100 hp STI

Only a handful of STI's flying. All the ones I know of are running more HP than 100. Only one that I know of running a 100hp rotax is John Moriarty, who just sent his engine off to get boosted! He should have some good numbers for you as he flew his with the 100hp rotax for a bit before. Down at sea level 100hp should perform well. From what I gathered I think the STI wing is about 40lbs heavier than the 7ss.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Default Re: Looking for some real world numbers on a 100 hp STI

Thanks Dustin, I guess I didn't realize there weren't more of them flying than that, I haven't followed kitfox for that long but all you read seems or be STI. The 914 seems like a lot of extra items for just 15 more hp. I understand if you fly in the mts this is a big plus. The edge engine like yours looks like the next option if the 912s not enough. All the original stats for the Sti are put out while using the 912 according to kitfox website. 150ft takeoff and landing is really impressive and is a really good pilot I'm sure. I'm most concerned with hauling a passenger in the summer out of my home field.