Hey everybody I am a new poster to the forums but have been quietly reading them as a guest. I intend to start flight school in the spring once the weather gets a little bit more comfortable around here. I have been fascinated with flight ever since I can remember and I'm in my senior year of college finishing my Aerospace Engineering degree. After countless hours of reviewing flight tests and airplane designs I have decided that the Kitfox fits what I think I want in a plane down to the T.

Now that the intro is out of the way I've got a few questions you guys might be able to answer for me. Are there any kitfox/(Kitfox clones) around the Northern Alabama/So. Tennessee areas that might be possible to get a ride in or any schools that are offering lessons in?

And secondly I am wanting to finish flight school and own my own plane before my intern is done (1 1/2 years). My budget is allowing around the 20 grand mark but I am pretty good in a shop and not opposed to working on a near finished or damaged plane. I guess my second question is what are some of the pros and cons of the different versions of the kitfox as their obvious designs dont seem to give me much of an idea of their different flight flaws/characteristics.