Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Cost of Insurance, How much are people paying?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Cost of Insurance, How much are people paying?

Keep in mind that it is the hull coverage that pays for the removal of the airplane from the accident site, not the liability portion. Without hull, you or your estate are responsible for paying for recovery. If the accident happens lets say somewhere like a road where the road has to be opened up quickly, the local authorities are going to make it happen and you will be sent the bill. With hull coverage the insurance company would have to pay this. Without, you do, or your estate.
    John Brannen
    Morris, IL
    Sonerai IIL (Single Seat)
    Kitfox 3/4 1050 - Rotax 582 (Back Flying and sold)
    Kitfox IV 1050 - Rotax 582 (sold)
    Kitfox IV 1200 Speedster - Rotax 912 UL (rebuilt and now flying)
    Piper Twin Comanche (Sold)
    Glasair 1 FT (Waiting to start)

Default Re: Cost of Insurance, How much are people paying?

On my recently purchase Kitfox I got 3 quotes all based on $20k hull, 1million liability, 1500 TT, 0 in the last 3 years, 0 time in make/model, 350 tailwheel, commercial ASEL, AMEL, ASES, CFII, MEI.

Falcon - $1004, but the policy would not cover auto engines or 2-strokes and my KF is a 582 powered, so falcon was out.
    CV Starr Indemnity came in at $1230 - Never got an answer about ski use as my airplane came with a set of wheel penetration skis
    Global Aerospace came in at $1294 - This is who I went with because they covered ski use under the EAA exemption, the 2-stroke wasn't an issue, and because I am familiar with Global.
    John Brannen
    Morris, IL
    Sonerai IIL (Single Seat)
    Kitfox 3/4 1050 - Rotax 582 (Back Flying and sold)
    Kitfox IV 1050 - Rotax 582 (sold)
    Kitfox IV 1200 Speedster - Rotax 912 UL (rebuilt and now flying)
    Piper Twin Comanche (Sold)
    Glasair 1 FT (Waiting to start)