I just renewed again with Falcon. They switched me to another carrier this year (forget which, sorry).

I have about 1000 hours in type, tailwheel, of my Kitfox IV. For $60k hull, $1M liability, my premium was about $1100 for the year.

I did have an interesting follow up with them this year. I had checked on the information request (as I always do) that I operate off "unpaved" airstrips. They emailed me back asking for a list of the unpaved strips I use. Needless to say, that is a very loaded question. I emailed back saying that I operate off strips ranging from Johnson Creek Idaho (and listed several others in the Frank Church I visited this summer) to several of the local "private" strips in my home area, along with potentially thousands of other strips both listed and unlisted with the FAA. I commented that my airplane is a bush plane, designed for "off airport" operations and wanted direct comment if this is going to be a problem with coverage.

This is the response I received:

Good morning Mr. Wenning,

Most of the times the underwriter will want to know what airports you will be using if they are not paved. I will just let them know that you advised that there could be a lot of airports you may use that aren’t paved, and then reference 3U2 and W23, I think they will be satisfied with that answer.

Regards,
Mary Corbin

I have not received any further requests for information and consider the matter closed.