Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just bought Kitfox V Vixen

Default Re: Just bought Kitfox V Vixen

Quote Originally Posted by airlina View Post
    Jerry, Those are encouraging numbers and your empty wt C.G. is actually more aft than mine which obviously is helpful with a heavy engine. I would still if you have access to scales go through and do a new weight and balance from ground zero just to be sure of accurate numbers. During the life of an airplane especially one with several owners like yours, stuff get added and removed and new weight and balance calc. are frequently overlooked. Also Check to see if you have the trim assist kit installed ( it is basically a heafty spring located right behind the seat and can be seen in a photo under a search on this site of the trim assist kit option) . Reading through the trim assist threads will explain its function. Keep us posted how you make out. Bruce N199CL
    Bruce, How much does your battery weigh. I am having no luck in finding scales but I have noticed the guy I bought it from but a battery that weights about 14 lbs in. I know it is a different weight than the one that the builder put in it but not sure by how much.

Default Re: Just bought Kitfox V Vixen

Howdy Jerry, I use the Odyssey PC 680 battery that weighs 15.4 lbs , has been a great battery. The one I currently have installed has been in there since 2012. Bruce N199CL