Hi to Everybody,

I just acquired a Kitfox3 from 1991. The previous owner is dead, I do not have all the history of the device. I reviewed the Rotax582 which works well. This week test flight in calm conditions, 2 pers on board, after take-off, initial climb and wind cross branch without worries, during the branch wind back in level with 60Knt, departure in fluetter of the whole cell. Phenomenon strong enough that required an emergency. During this maneuver, in base and tight final, the response to the controls is uncertain with a tendency of the plane to dive on the left that it was necessary to counter strongly to compensate during all the final and the posed one. No finding of particular problem on the controls, the shutters, the control surfaces nor other elements. Unable to identify the cause, we are now investigating to solve the problem and fix it. Another clue, we found an unexplained rear centering which implied a thrust of the stick to stitch to hold the machine level ..
I would be very enjoy to make fly good this kitfox after all the work I made on!!
Thanks all for your help
Good flights

Chris

QUOTE=CoClimber;88163]You should probably post this in the general discussion area along with photos of your airplane. Do you know which control surface was fluttering? Are the weights on the flapperons? Is there any play in the flapperon mixer? Same with the elevator.[/QUOTE]

Hello,
thank you very much for your answer. I will actually put the message in the topic.
The flutter was very strong at the cell and felt strongly in the cockpit. Not a priori in flight orders.
The elevator was in neutral the phenomenon was amplified when we tried to slightly out.
There was no fuel in the wings. The weights are, a priori, on the flappers. No play in the flapperon mixer but we will check again. I attach photos.
Attachment 23344Attachment 23345

Best regards