Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Kitplane Parts to TeamKitfox.com

Default Welcome Kitplane Parts to TeamKitfox.com

Some may have noticed already we have a new sponsor ad at the top of every page.

Please welcome Kitplane Parts, LLC to the Kitfox community.
    A new business started by Martina and Oliver Reik.
    Having immersed themselves in the exciting world of experimental aircraft building with an RV 10 and now a Zenith CH750 project under way, they speak our language.

Check out their website (https://kitplaneparts.com/index.php/about/) and discover what products they carry and check back often as they quickly add new products.

We wish you great success.

***Below is a personal introduction by Oliver himself:

Hello everybody,

My name is Oliver Reik, one of the founders and owners of Kitplane Parts LLC, located in southeast Michigan. I am a lifetime EAA member, a passionate homebuilder and pilot.

We offer at this point two main product lines, which include LED navigation-, beacon- and landing-lights as well as lightweight cabin heaters for water-cooled engines, like Rotax, Viking or AeroMomentum.

We are the US distributor of Aviolights, the manufacturer of our LED lights. Besides of local stock and support, we ship the navigation lights with a distributor specific mounting kit, which makes the installation a breeze.

Our heaters are available either as individual components or as complete kits. At only 2.6 lbs and an output of up to 11,900 BTU, they are an easy to install solution to get your Kitfox’s cockpit toasty.

With Christmas around the corner, you might also find interest in our portable shop lights.

I would like to invite you to visit our website and like us on Facebook:
    http://kitplaneparts.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/kitplaneparts/

You can also reach me directly: oliver.reik@kitplaneparts.com

All the best,

Oliver

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Welcome Kitplane Parts to TeamKitfox.com

That's a cool looking little heater at a nice price. One could have the two lower vents for feet, the two side ducts running up to eyeball vents, and a third going to defrost.

https://kitplaneparts.com/index.php/product/11900-btu-lightweight-heater-with-side-vents-12v/

I'd recommend they put a physical address on their website - always a bit leery of sites that don't list a physical address.
    Last edited by rcbif; 11-05-2019 at 09:41 AM.
    Building a Kitfox V Outback in NE Ohio

Eric, I just placed an order on their secure site and everything worked perfect.
    Ordered two rechargeable led flashlights.

Kitplane Parts
    Our address:
    Kitplane Parts LLC
    25623 Buckminster Drive
    Novi, MI 48375

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Some may have noticed already we have a new sponsor ad at the top of every page.

Please welcome Kitplane Parts, LLC to the Kitfox community. [...]

Eric, I just placed an order on their secure site and everything worked perfect.
    Thank you for the warm welcome and your order. The flashlights are already on their way.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbif View Post
    That's a cool looking little heater at a nice price. One could have the two lower vents for feet, the two side ducts running up to eyeball vents, and a third going to defrost.

https://kitplaneparts.com/index.php/product/11900-btu-lightweight-heater-with-side-vents-12v/

I'd recommend they put a physical address on their website - always a bit leery of sites that don't list a physical address.
    That's a valid point. I just added the address to our 'About' page.

The heaters are supposed to be installed on the firewall. The two lower vents can be adjusted or closed and typically face the feet. The two upper openings go to adjustable ball vents in the panel on the pilot and the passenger side. A fifth outlet is available to, for example, attach a defrost vent under the windshield.
    The fan moves a lot of air, is pretty quiet and, like the speed controller, radio interference free.
    We also offer a coolant valve (included in our heater kits), to shut off the hot water supply to the heater. This gives the pilot more control over the heat output and also allows the blower to be used for ventilation during summertime.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Oliver Reik

Kitplane Parts LLC
    oliver.reik@kitplaneparts.com

I agree. That's a damn nice heater.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I looked all over the website and couldn't find any warranty information for your Navigator Ultra 360 Nav/Strobe lights?
    Also, do you have any links to any videos of them in action?
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by desertdave View Post
    I looked all over the website and couldn't find any warranty information for your Navigator Ultra 360 Nav/Strobe lights?
    Also, do you have any links to any videos of them in action?
    Warranty is a paragraph in our terms and conditions: One year on all of our products, unless stated otherwise.
    If a navigation lights fails, we will replace the entire unit.

At this point, we only have detailed installation instructions.
    Videos of how to install the lights and what they look like compared to a conventions light are however in the works.

I will post a link in this thread as the videos become available.

Oliver

Just ordered the Heater and it should be in next week. I've been freezing my you know what off trying to fly in the winter. The standard KF heater just doesn't get it.

Will report back when I get it in and start flying.

Rodney

Hello fellow aviators,

Here is the promised video, in which we show our 'Navigator Ultra 360' light, as well as the 'Red Eye' beacon, next to the typical combined incandescent / strobe light, most smaller aircraft are equipped with:

We sold more 'Navigator Ultra 360' than we had anticipated and unexpectedly ran out of stock last weekend. However, the lights can be backordered, we are expecting to have them back in stock on Monday 11/18.

I was also asked for installation manuals as well as imperial dimensions. I have added both to the product page (scroll all the way down): https://kitplaneparts.com/index.php/...strobe-lights/

Oliver Reik

Kitplane Parts LLC
    oliver.reik@kitplaneparts.com

I purchased the Navigator Ultra 360 Nav/Strobe lights and had them wihin 3 days. They appear to be of high quality. Unfortunately after 15 weeks I'm stilling waiting on delivery of my fuel tanks and wingtips from Kitfox so I can't offer any info on the mounting itself but the instructions are pretty straight forward.

Rick