Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Just what is it about the V Outback?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Just what is it about the V Outback?

Okay, maybe it isn't the door. It has to be the engine cowl then. Phi's profile shot really shows how neat that plane looks with that style cowl. If I were more adventuresome, I would use a Lycoming style cowl on my Rotax engine. I like the way it looks. I wasn't about to take on a fiberglass job like others have done to fit a custom cowl.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Yes Eddie you are right about the cowl on the Outback , nice and wide to accomodate the larger in width engines like my Continental IO-240. I always thought from the front they look like a mini Cessna 180-185. Bruce N199CL
    Attached Images Attached Images

"...the cowl on the Outback , nice and wide to accomodate the larger in width engines like my Continental IO-240. I always thought from the front they look like a mini Cessna 180-185."

Agreed. I always thought the proportions were very nice.
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint