Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Vent Holes in Glare Shield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Vent Holes in Glare Shield

I helped a guy finish a Series 5 several years ago. His intent was to take the Kitfox to Alaska and wanted some way to vent heated air to the windshield. We did essentially what Dave did. I made up some fiberglass scoops that would capture a portion of the downward flowing air and direct it up through scat tubing to the glare shield. I have photos of the lower parts, but none of the finished glare shield. I had made some slot shaped fiberglass outlets that the scat tube was attached to - something like a half inch by five inches. I checked and still have the tooling so if interested in some help with parts, send a private message.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Default Re: Vent Holes in Glare Shield

Birdseye - the SCAT tubing I used was 1 1/2"

I particularly like Lowell's fiberglass work. The fiberglass pickup Lowell designed would intrude about an inch less into the area below the heater core than my low tech U-turn bend of the SCAT tubing.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN