Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Need mkiv (4) control rod lengths please.

Exclamation Need mkiv (4) control rod lengths please.

I bought a MK4 Speedster that the previous owner messed around with and screwed a bunch of stuff up. He actually fooled around and switched the rods controlling flaps/ailerons and it is all out of wack.

I'm going to go through the process of setting up the flapperons again.

Could someone please measure their right and left flapperon control rods for me and measure the aileron and flap control rods under the seat also? I need to be certain which rod goes where before I begin the setup. There is also a bend in one of the rods...I believe that goes under the seat for the aileron pushould pull tube.

any measurements provided and info would be great.

Default Re: Need mkiv (4) control rod lengths please.

Vandel, there is a lot of miss understanding about flaperon rigging. I sold my model 4 and the manual and photos with it. I did keep this jepeg that I made some pencil notes on to help me understand the reason for one flaperon rod shorter than the other. As you can see, the left rod is the shorter one. The reason is the left's belcrank is clocked to the rear while the right's is clocked to the front.

Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Okay...so on my IV speedster, the left rod is supposed to be shorter? Unfortunately, on mine both are the same size. Anyone who could be kind enough to measure the rods underneath the seat and the flapperon control rods to help me out would be great.

There was more than one builder on the old Matronics email builder's list that insisted the left and right flaperon control rods needed to be the same length and one that I know of felt so strongly about it that he modified them.

Yes,some current model 4 owners do need to chime in with their measurements.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Quote Originally Posted by Vande17941 View Post
    I bought a MK4 Speedster that the previous owner messed around with and screwed a bunch of stuff up. He actually fooled around and switched the rods controlling flaps/ailerons and it is all out of wack.

I'm going to go through the process of setting up the flapperons again.

Could someone please measure their right and left flapperon control rods for me and measure the aileron and flap control rods under the seat also? I need to be certain which rod goes where before I begin the setup. There is also a bend in one of the rods...I believe that goes under the seat for the aileron pushould pull tube.

any measurements provided and info would be great.
    Did you ever get your measurements?
    Mike Kahle
    Jackson, MO
    IV Classic 582
    RV-12is building