Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: MGL EMS-2 Blaze Engine monitor install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: MGL EMS-2 Blaze Engine monitor install

Quote Originally Posted by airlina View Post
    The unit has way more capability than I will use and the display I use the most is the one you see in the picture. As a matter of fact if you start adding too much info that cannot be displayed on the page , the unit has to switch to a second display page and does this at 2 sec intervals which I found very distracting .
    Bruce,
    Just discovered this thread and very glad I did. I recently installed the Blaze instrument and for my needs - Rotax 912UL - all I wanted is to replace the four gauges that were in the Westach Quad Gauge. For some reason, I am getting the "two second" page shift and find it distracting as well, as I have no need to see the fuel pressure that wants to be displayed even though I have no fuel pressure sender. Prompts me to go through the programming again and see if I can delete that from the program. I was hoping to have the one page display only. Is there an option to program it so the one page is displayed unless prompted to go elsewhere?
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Hi Lowell, I was able to get that page shift to stop with some tech support from South Africa. (I was having problems with timely tech help from the U.S. distributor , so I tried emailing the factory in S.Africa and got quick and correct responses fast . Here is the email for future use: info@mglavionics.co.za and Rainier Lamers seems to be the go to guy for help) I too only need one page of readings Oil P & T , CHT and EGT. My display was flipping to the second page because OAT and fuel flow were selected on , although not used. You have to go into the analog channel menu and make sure ALL 4 channels have no parameters set to the on position. This instrument is new and I suspect they might come up with a future software fix that would allow manual instead of the auto 2 sec page flip, but for now , when you shut off those unwanted parameters , the display will stay on the primary page only . I do like the capability of the instrument and its a big step up from the Westach that I ran for so long. Good luck Bruce N199CL

Exactly what I needed. Thank you.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Thanks again. Works perfectly.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

You are welcome Lowell , glad you got it worked out, I know that flashing screen was driving me nuts. If someone needs to use those extra pages , it make sense to make it user selectable . Bruce N199CL

Oh I wanted to add that So Africa gave me great response before. I don't know why it took so long. I had to send a stern follow up email before I finally got a response. Could have been Covid issue , don't know. The also refused my request for a replacement.
    Ken
    Kenz
    Kitfox V Safari
    GRT Sport 10.1
    Lycoming O-320 -160 hp

OK Ken, thanks for the detailed quick response, those high CHT's certainly would have got my attention too, and i will keep an eye out for the anamoly. A move to the cockpit side might be in order, don't know why MGL would not recommend this in the first place! I must admit I do like the engine monitor though, its been working great and is a very capable instrument. I use the lean mode to get accurate lean of peak mixtures that can save lots of fuel . Bruce N199CL