Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 912A coolant air bleed?

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: 912A coolant air bleed?

Hi Don,
    I ordered an inline thermostat from www.highwingllc.com ,as well as an oil cooler shutter. I am going to give that a try. I also have looked at the thermo-bob , I think on my installation the cockpit heater radiator circuit will be my "bypass" most of the time. especially in winter.

I also would like to hear from others that have installed an inline thermostat on a 912.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

I believe that is purely an I'm not liable statement.

I saw on a forum, can't remember which one, while researching, that they asked for the development of the bob- 1 with 1" barbs for 912 guys, because guys were using the smaller barbed ones and adapting with fittings on their 912's. I am still a little leary on being experimental with these inline setups on my 912 but am going to give it a try. lots of ground runs and testing planned !
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Hello All
    I now have about 4 hours on my "Thermo-Bob" inline thermostat and even though it is not cold enough yet for a accurate test I believe it will work well. It seems to warmup considerable faster and even doing circuits the temperature remains steady with no fluctuations (air temp this morning +6C).
    I have big hopes for this unit as the temperatures decrease. The unit appears very well built, easy to install, (I replaced the coolant at the same time), and the supplier provided excellent service.

Happy Thankgiving to all our Canadian KFer`s and I know it is a bit early but same to the folks south of the border!

Have fun
    Don

Don,

I have had similar problems keeping temps up on my 912 so look forward to further reports from you. By the way, have you checked with the Rotax guys in Kelowna?

Papa Beach
    No, I haven`t asked about engine temps a Rotec Research in Vernon. I usually get my parts from them or Bob at Light Engine in Salmon Arm. Both seem to have good service but fortunately I haven`t needed much.Looking forward to this thermostat result though. Well, not exactly, sort of enjoying the nice warm fall. Just like Winnipeg!!

Cheers
    Don

One of the concerns I have is the impact this may have on warranties or the option to extend TBO if putting something in that Rotax hasn't blessed, so would check with Rotech before I went too far.

On the other hand, I hate winters so try to spend that time in the Caribbean and Florida...though Winnipeg is beginning to look like a viable option!