I know this question has almost been beaten to death, but I feel like it hasn't quite been answered in the way that I like; thus I will be more specific.

If one were to build an STI kit and install a 100hp 912 (injected or carb) with CS prop in the aircraft, would that plane be limited in its take-off and climb performance to a point that one might say "darn I wish I would have installed a 914"?

I know that there are a million factors in this question so I will narrow it down to avoid rabbit holes. Pilot skill and comfort aren’t the main limiting factor. Fuel burn and speed aren’t an issue. Only stock Rotax engines are being considered. This plane would almost exclusively be used for backcountry/mountain/off-field flying. The plane would ideally have the capability to operate within reason on hot days at high altitudes in the west (Rockies, Cascades, Sierras, high desert, etc.). The plane would could be loaded with 2x200lbers and minor bags or it could be light on fuel with 1 SOB.

Some follow up questions to further capture the spirit of this question:
Would there be strips in Idaho that would be out of reach due to the engine’s capabilities?
If a friend had 160hp super cub, would the 100hp 912 be enough to keep up?
If a friend had a carbon cub, would the 100hp 912 be enough to keep up?

I’m in principle asking if one needs a turbo and/or an extra 15-35hp to have a killer bush plane. It would be helpful to hear from people who have flown the 100hp and have met its limits.

Best of Luck,
Roger