Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poly fiber epoxy primer after Poly Spray?

Default Re: Poly fiber epoxy primer after Poly Spray?

Just follow the directions from the manufacturer. It is all in there and free to download.

https://www.conaircraft.com/download-manuals

This really can't be emphasized enough. If there's one important thing I learned going to a couple Poly Fiber classes, it's to read the manual twice and follow the instructions to the letter.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Quote Originally Posted by Meyer View Post
    Well gang, I will leave this here as a do not do for everyone in the future.

We sprayed it and should not have. Called PF and they basically said the paint applied after will crack eventually. This means tearing the fabric off of the wings and starting the covering process over.

Bummed.
    Did PF define eventually? Rather than strip the wings now, just paint them and fly it. It could be 5 years before you see any cracking.

I called PF and they said it "may" crack. They were not sure entirely. I forget who I spoke to there, but it was a tech who had alot of years there. He did say it would be airworthy without a doubt, so just a cosmetic concern.

Since that time, a number of folks in my EAA chapter and another nearby have looked at it. Some are A&Ps, and a couple of IAs, and they have said paint it and fly it.

I have the wings in storage for now. I am working on the finish tapes for the fuse and about to paint that. I really want to get that done before it gets too cold. I'll figure out the wings over winter.