Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Can someone identify what Kitfox model this plane is?

Default Can someone identify what Kitfox model this plane is?

IMG_3745[1].jpgIMG_3861[1].jpgIMG_3863[1].jpgIMG_3853[1].jpgIMG_3865[1].jpgIMG_3860[1].jpgIMG_3849[1].jpg

BTW I'm new to this forum and I would appreciate any information you can enlighten me on this kit. I'm needing to know what model it is and any other details you might be able to share on it. The current owner says it was assembled in 1996 by an A&P, and this A&P was the original owner. Other than these pictures I know very little about this particular plane.

The more details you folks might be able to share would be greatly appreciated! Is this a good kit to purchase in this stage? Anything I should be looking for if I decide to go look at it? If you were to go look at it to purchase it were what details would you specifically be interested in to make sure it was done correctly to this stage in the build? Things like that would be a great help.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Can someone identify what Kitfox model this plane is?

From the shape of the door, I will say it's a Kitfox 1. (bottom of door is shorter then later models) Measure the width of the fuselage at the top of the seat, and you will find it's 36" wide if I'm correct. Kitfox 2-4 are 39 1/2" wide. Kitfox 1 and 2 lift struts are 98" hole to hole (front) Kitfox 3 and 4 are about 10" longer. Kitfox 1,2, and 3 hang the flaperons on the extended rib tails. Kitfox 4 used aluminum brackets on top and bottom of wing. With those clues, you should be able to identify any of the first 4 models quite quickly. JImChuk

Thank you sir! That helped a ton!

I concur, it's a Model 1.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Model 1 or model 2.

It’s s model 1. Only model with that shape door.