Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question

Default Re: Question

yes ,..looks like they were intended for the horizontal tail surfaces ,..I've actually seen a few different aircraft of model 3's and 4's that had flying surfaces on horizontal tail areas only ,..none on the vertical,..
    I can tell you the 2 fly's well with flat surfaces ,..your cruise will be around 75 mph depend on prop and pitch settings,..
    the airfoil surface has less drag so you might gain a couple mph in cruise
    ,..the difference will be how close you keep your gaps closed,..the laminated air will seperate more from the elevator leading edge area the larger the gap creating like a buble of disturbed air at the hinge point between the horizontal stab and the elevator,..this same effect will be on the vertical surface and rudder as well.

Chase

One more for you . What are the tabs on side of the fuselage that stick out about 2 inches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

you should have some more wood that came with the kit that will fit into the saddle( in the photo),..that go fron the tail area towards the front to the back door opening vertical tubes ..
    I believe this stantion with the saddle supports the wood.

Chase

I do have some wood in the hanger that came with the plane. I put it in the hanger in july and never got to take a good look at it . I was told
    it was for the gear legs but i know i had more wood then i need for the
    legs . Iam going to the hanger to pick it up the wood and bring it home.
    I got to get me a new manual my dont show anything. I think half mine is
    gone.

The builder of my 1200 did not put this wood into these saddles on that plane. Looks kind of goofy, to be honest. Flat sides with these protruding parts through the fabric...

(Look closely in the photo in my album...)
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos