Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Default Question

Hey guys i have ask this before . I have part # CF-49 this is Intercostal parts they are all wood. Iam going to post a photo iam still not sure about
    this part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Question

OK I'll bite ,..they look to be tappered down in length and in pairs ,..so my guess is they are tail surface aerodynamic surface blanks ?

Chase

Is this used on the kitfox 2 kits ? This blows my mind i dont see them in my manual.

my model 2 had flat tail surface,..so I can not answer that question with confidence,..one way to check would be seperate them spaced out over the tail construction starting with shortest towards the outer tips ,..then see if they evenly spcae each other in the length increments ..8 inches apart? 9 inches apart?

Chase

going from left to right ..the first six might be the horizontal stab rib blanks ..the last six might be the elevator rib blanks

I will give that a try. I would think mine would be a flat surface.

they should line up with each other from the horizontal stabilizer to the elevator once spaced out if they are in fact tail surface blanks,..

I can't remember seeing the strips any where on my model 2 ,..I didn't build it ,.."Acroguy" (Dennis Sawyer) ,..he built it and is on the forum.

Chase

Sorry i had friends come over didnt get to look at it. Iam going out in my shop in the morning and look at it. Iam a Ax Man so when it rains i dont
    get to work in the woods. More time to work on the kitfox.

you'll fall in love with that model 2 once she is flying ,..great airplane,..I had mine for almost 3 years,..had so many can't remember but I wish I had kept the model 2 ,..
    is that a 582 sticking out of the cowl?

Chase

Here is what i come up with . You may be right here is a photo.

Brian