Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Houston Foxes....

Default Houston Foxes....

To All,
    Hello! This is my first post so I'll do a bit of introduction before I get down to it. I'm currently living in Houston working as an engineer in oil& gas and ever since I was a child my father and I have discussed building an airplane together; now we're finally at the point where it's something we CAN do. He currently flies a Cherokee 180 and I'm a student pilot with about 10 hours in my logbook (headed out for another lesson this afternoon ;-). I grew up in Boise, ID so we've talked about a Kitfox for a long time but we're also considering an RV-12. Once of my big concerns is comfort since I'm about 6'1". I've never had the opportunity to get close to a Kitfox so I was wondering if there's anyone in the Houston area who'd be interested in at least letting me sit in their airplane to see how I fit? And, if you're up for it I'd happily split gas and buy the burgers if you're willing to take me for a ride :-)

-Bruce

Default Re: Houston Foxes....

Welcome Bruce.
    Can't help with the personal fit but...
    Take a look at my post #875 in my thread. Page 6 or 7 I believe. He is 6'3". Lots of 6'1" guys are flying These planes.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Default Re: Houston Foxes....

Eddie,
    Thanks for pointing me to your build thread. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. His knees look a little cramped but I suppose that's inevitable in either plane. The stick probably helps a lot, I remember my first ride as a passenger in a Cessna 152, I felt like it was a legitimate safety issue because I couldn't seem to keep my knees out of the way of the yoke and my feet off the rudder pedals at the same time! Of course this time it will be MY feet on the rudder pedals :-)

-bruce