Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Newbe ......where to start

Default Newbe ......where to start

Hello all;

I have been building & flying RC airplanes and helicopters since I was 15, got my full-size helicopter license 22 years ago. I am basically retired with a wife that likes to fly with me. I like the low, slow, enjoy the scenery type of flying, probably because of all my hours in helicopters. I am almost finished with my fixed wing add on in a 172. The Kitfox has me very interested for several reasons.
    I am very capable of building one but do not have the room. Hanger space is limited or very expensive from what I have found. I live 2 miles from KSBD and I could trailer the plane to the airport and back, I do have room on my property to park it. This leads me to looking for a completed plane.
    I have asked around at KREI where I am flying the 172 and nobody knows of home builders or Kitfox owners. Is there a local SOCAL group that helps new pilots get into the fun?

Walt

Default Re: Newbe ......where to start

https://eaach1.org/

You might find some good info down at Flabob. It's a fun airport to fly into, and has a a great restaurant.
    Mike
    Building the JaMFox N677JM
    Kitfox 5 Vixen
    KRNM

Hello Walt.
    Welcome to the forum. I happen to be a local. My KFS7 SS began its flying life only 5 months ago. I have a hangar at Chino. If there is anything I can help with just say it. I look for any reason to fly. I have yet to fly into REI.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by mike92104 View Post
    https://eaach1.org/

You might find some good info down at Flabob. It's a fun airport to fly into, and has a a great restaurant.
    I will check out Flaybob. As I recall the people running the restaurant at Flabob used to operate the one at L67 (Rialto) before it closed.

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Hello Walt.
    Welcome to the forum. I happen to be a local. My KFS7 SS began its flying life only 5 months ago. I have a hangar at Chino. If there is anything I can help with just say it. I look for any reason to fly. I have yet to fly into REI.
    Eddie
    Thanks Eddie, I sent you a PM.