Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Western Canadian Kitfox FlyIN Sept 27, 28, 29th

Default Western Canadian Kitfox FlyIN Sept 27, 28, 29th

It is official I have confirmation from those involved that we will do a Western Canadian KitFox Flyin Sept 27, 28, and 29th at CGB2. The 29th is a date that was picked by Josh Esser as the best date he had. The date was confirmed with Mic Theisen as a date harvest should be done.

Arrivals can start on Friday the 27th. The 28th will have a pancake breakfast cooked by Chef Mike. The breakfast is sponsered by KitFox Jim so there is no charge. The days flights will be to Red Deer Forestry, Clearwater Strip and then Ram Falls, All Strips are in the foothills with Ram being the highest elevation at about 5350ft. These places are about 80 miles from CGB2 (Carstairs Bishells airfield) From Ram the plan is to fly back to Linden for a mid afternoon meal at Country Cousins. The restaurant is a 3 minute walk from the airstrip. The evening will have a campfire with some tall tale telling and maybe some beer drinking. Glen has offered his hanger as a camping spot either the pilot lounge or the floor of the hanger. Sunday will have another pancake breakfast to start the day and a short fly out to the River Runs with some possible gravel bar landings depending on the water level.

The only thing I ask is that you email me an RSVP so we can get a count on the numbers to expect.

normrdt@gmail.com

20190903_095923.jpg

20190903_101505.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Default Re: Western Canadian Kitfox FlyIN Sept 27, 28, 29th

Just a little over a week from now the Western Canadian KitFox Flyin is happening at CGB2 which is the Carstairs Bishell Strip. Sept 28th we will fly out to the Red Deer Forestry Strip, the Clearwater strip, and the Ram Falls Strip. This is all after a pancake Breakfast hosted at CGB2 by Mike Sweere and Glen Bishell. The Days flight will conclude with a late lunch, early supper at Linden. Sunday will have a pancake breakfast again and a possible river flight with a sandbar landing is the conditions are right. This event is next weekend If you are planning on joining us please let me know with a message to normrdt@gmail.com We really need a count so we can purchase supplies for the breakfast and get the planning done.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    Norm
    KitFox Ram.jpg
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Sorry to announce the weather forecast for this weekend is -3 and snow. The Western Canadian KitFox FlyIn is Cancelled.

20190707_065117.jpg
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Too bad Norm. That’s usually what happened in my home town in Southern Minnesota too when scheduling a fly in. ☹️

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Well someone said the weather is still nice in Florida and come on down but I'm thinking AZ is warm and closer.

We had a couple of guys that would have been drive ins rather than flyins but that would have been great to help some new Kitfoxers and potential KitFoxers. Do a little armchair flying and show and tell.

How is the 7 coming. Must be so close you can taste it.
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

Cooling down into the 90’s in Phoenix now. Nice working in the hanger finally.
    I’ve almost run out of parts to bolt to it so it must be pretty close.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear