Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wyoming Kitfoxes

Default Wyoming Kitfoxes

I'm new. Have been shopping for a IV 1200, but am beginning to think I will not fit. 6'3", 210lbs. Would really like to sit in one. Is there anyone in Western WY, Eastern Utah or eastern Idaho who would let me do that?
    Thanks, Louie of Green River and Ten Sleep.

Default Re: Wyoming Kitfoxes

There is a v in Vernal that you can sit in.
    It will going to Cody or Worland after it gets some maintenance items finished. Send me a message for details.

Keep in mind that a IV and a V are different sized cockpits.

My instructor is about 6' 2" and I'd guess 220-225 lbs and I am 5' 10" and 220 lbs and the two of us fit very well in my IV. it is cozy but not uncomortble.

Forgot to mention that my cushions are 2" thick on the back and " thick on the bottom and I am thinking about boosting both a little for my 5' 10" frame.

Thanks fellas, I went out on a wim and bought a kitfox IV classic. It was the first one I had ever rode in and it got snug but it'll work! There are 3 slight mods I figured I can do as time goes on and I start to spent more hours in it. And with that said I wanna throw an open invite out to you Kitfox owners. Iv got a sweet little dirt strip (1600') in northern Wyo about a mile from Ten Sleep. Its a private strip with a short 400 yard walk to a Brewery that makes great craft beer! If your looking for a fun fly-in destination hit me up