Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kitfox S7 Speedster with big tires QUESTION

Default Re: Kitfox S7 Speedster with big tires QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by MSA View Post
    Thanks for the response. Not expecting that kind of capability at all. Just thought it would be fun to have a clean and nimble/sporty speedster for fun and airport-to-airport stuff at pretty good (Kitfox-relative) speed. And then to be able to switch to larger bush tires and hit some backcountry spots with respectable STOL ability.

Was thinking 914 with Airmaster prop.
    The time enroute saved by clipping your wings will be spent changing tires, and you won't have much baggage area left for a tent. I understand wanting the best of both worlds, but my advice is to keep it simple. Get all the speedster streamlined components, but keep the standard wing, which is fast enough and plenty nimble, and also lands well at high DA in the backcountry.

The 914/Airmaster is a great setup. Spendy, but worth it. You'll love it.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Default Re: Kitfox S7 Speedster with big tires QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox View Post
    I have the speedster wing on my 4. actually it's a long wing cut down. I have dihedral in the wing. I can consistently land within 300ft. in fact my last landing a couple days ago I landed much shorter than that with calm winds and didn't even try. I think the big key on landing short is to be able to control your idle. I can pull hard back on my throttle and get lower than 2000rpm. what that does is cut out that float. so it's all up to the person flying the thing as for what is really going to happen on a short landing. I don't use flaps either. I know, people have tried to argue with me on that one. I love the light stick on landing with my electric trim in the back. I can't complain about my landings or take offs. I'm also not out to do stol competitions, just go out and have as much fun as I can. I also have 27.5 tires and spring gear and cruise at 115mph.
    Do you have a picture? Sounds like a nice bird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk