Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cutting the panel

Default Re: Cutting the panel

I'm far from an expert on the KF, but I think I read somewhere that the 6 was really really similar to the 7?

If so, the dash should probably be interchangeable.

Someone needs to contact KF and see..

With the KF6 dash profile we just need your gauge data and then you can have a file that can be laser, cnc or? cutout.
    Attached Files Attached Files

In theory yes. The base panel I have put up includes the 1 inch extra material at the bottom to bend. I don't know how current kits come. Is the panel pre cut with the bend? I'm starting from a sheet, so that's why I have it.
    912 IS
    Airmaster Prop
    Garmin Stack
    C-FKLO

?? No one is chiming in with any info that has one. I drew it with the lip that you mentioned. Someone will need a press brake to put the hard 90 on the bottom.

Don't know what kind of gauges he wants to use. I used the dim's of an IPad mini, but then again he might be wanting to use something larger or?

Ok, I've added a bunch more models now. As anything, use at your own risk. Print and test fit and check before actual use. I've not actually done any cutting yet myself.

The way I setup the components to work together is by using layers with similar names. When you add them to your main layout, you can easily hide things like the annotations. Most models also include one or both of (front/back) layers. These show the dimensions of the items as they fit and the space they actually take up. This helps with layouts in how close you can put things.

Hope it helps.
    912 IS
    Airmaster Prop
    Garmin Stack
    C-FKLO

1. Anyone needing a CAD file of the panel - send me an email: m2watson at soarhome dot com.
    2. If you are looking for a really inexpensive CAD program, it can be yours for the price of joining the EAA - they have a great deal with Solidworks - FREE. Personally, as noted earlier, I've used Draftsight (by Dassault) but they are going to start charging for it in 2020. It appears to be free till then. It is a 2D program - but 2D meets my needs. The real issue here - I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and learn enough of 3D (Solidworks) for the small jobs I find on the Kitfox and around the house, or, to be honest, I like Draftsight enough to pay the fee for at least a year.

Darrel