Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Earthx battery heat warning

Default Earthx battery heat warning

It’s been hot here in Texas as usual in the summer. After flying for an hour or so, my battery health warning light on my EFIS begins to flash slowly. 2 seconds on, 2 seconds off. The battery manual trouble shooting guide states this warning is because the battery is getting hot. I assume it’s getting heat soaked in the engine compartment. Have any of you seen this? Any suggestions on how to prevent this? Insulation of some kind?
    After it sits for a while, the warning light goes away. I’m thinking about trying some heat reflective barrier.
    I thought I’d check with the group for suggestions.

Thanks
    John
    Supersport S7 with Rotax 912iS
    Dynon HDX

Default Re: Earthx battery heat warning

Most obvious answer wait until fall to fly🙂. Kiddding.....maybe try some hp heat shield. It has a insulation to help shield from the heat. Stuff is good. It can be formed and has adhesion that holds up to the heat.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0051...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Default Re: Earthx battery heat warning

Alternative to heat shielding is grab some air from the engine cooling intakes and direct it over the battery.
    David
    SS7 Builder