Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: trailering a kitfox

Default trailering a kitfox

I'm starting this thread to get an idea on what it's like to have a kitfox in an enclosed trailer for purpose of storing it as well as traveling with it. What I mean is, I want to travel to another area pull my fox out and go flying, why? I was asked that today by somebody and my response was, I can't fly down to lets say calwell area anymore with the wife. She is unable to do that. I have a motorhome and I like the idea of driving to a flyin or just go to an area unload my plane and fly into the back country. wife would stay behind and enjoy her tv. I would in turn have the freedom to enjoy life that I can do and have a place the hang my hat after flying.

what I would like to know is the ease of going into an airport and unloading my plane from this trailer(trouble from the airport managers). Now this will be a specially built trailer by Sorenson over in Georgia. it's built and set up with FAA AC25-35C, which meets the faa guidelines for tying down and securing an aircraft for public use airports. what this trailer has is actual tie downs on the sides for tying to a spot on the ramp and takes up the same foot print as a 182. Of course I'll have a motorhome which I should be able to disconnect and park somewhere else. Of course I don't feel I even need to go out on the ramp, anywhere so I can unload and go have some fun.

I would like real life experiences with people that have some sort of trailer and have gone to airports to unload and fly their airplane.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Default Re: trailering a kitfox

Look at thread "trailering enclosed trailer". The guy who has done exactly what you are saying all over the country is "teamkitfox7788".
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Also look at "jaguar56" on this forum. His website is "blackpearladventures".
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

yes I saw him a osh this year. just want others opinion on this
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop