Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Queen Creek, AZ based Kitfox looking for Phoenix Kitfox guru.

Default Queen Creek, AZ based Kitfox looking for Phoenix Kitfox guru.

I recently purchased a nice Kitfox 3 with Rotax 912 for my son and I to fly. I’m spending most of my time at work in China as a tech pilot for a large OEM that builds airliners so I’m not home in Arizona as much as I’d like. Our Kitfox is based at Pegasus Airpark in Queen Creek, AZ. I’m simply looking for recommendations for an AnP in the area that can assist us with maintenance and trouble shooting on the Rotax 912. I’d also like to connect with other Kitfox pilots or “gurus” in the Chandler, Mesa, Or General Phoenix area. I am not new to flying, but definitely new to Kitfox. I have a Yak 52 and Baby Ace. We are experiencing an issue with the 912. I’m sure there is a wealth of good experience in the area, but I’m finding it tough to find someone nearby who knows the Rotax. I am signed up to rotax-owner.com and I’ve looked through the forums. Our local AnP does not know Rotax at all. Our engine is an older 1990 model, but it only has 58 hours total time and the airplane was only completed in 2018. It is out of phase 1 and apparently had no issues in Alabama where I purchased it. Since bringing it to Arizona we flew it 4 times and each time at about 2500 ft Amsl or 1100 ft agl, the engine suddenly runs very rough. At 5000RPM and above it’s rough. Throttling back to about 4000 ft it smooths out, but something is not right. We can not reproduce the symptoms on the ground. The engine has all new hoses and rubber. The carbs are balanced. We use avgas. Any ideas or AnP recommendations please? I want to make sure the airplane is safe for my son to fly. Until we can figure out what the problem is, no flying! I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance. Franc

Default Re: Queen Creek, AZ based Kitfox looking for Phoenix Kitfox guru.

You should contact Hal at http://zipperbigbore.com/
    Hal is the Rotax guru.
    Bartman
    Retired USAF
    Kitfox 5
    N617BR

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: Queen Creek, AZ based Kitfox looking for Phoenix Kitfox guru.

Roger Lee
    LSRM-A & Rotax Instructor & Rotax IRC
    Tucson, AZ Ryan Airfield (KRYN)
    520-574-1080 Home (TRY HOME FIRST)
    520-349-7056 Cell
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW