Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aussie series 5 barn find

Default Re: Aussie series 5 barn find

This week I’ve managed to get a new prop. I was looking at the WW 75” but my mate with a highlander had this new 76inch Kiev I couldn’t refuse!! Very happy with it so far. Cannot wait to fly behind it. DCB06EE5-9ECF-45DB-BBDE-23036D486D56.jpg
    James Doyle
    Aussie aircraft engineer
    Series 5 barn find in repair
    912ULS-Kiev 3 blade-round cowl

Post Re: Aussie series 5 barn find

Received some more goodies from the kitfox team. I am doing away with the old plastic header tank and have installed the new aluminium series 7 tank. I have also received fuel return kit and a smoke system Due to how awesome these planes are I won’t receive my LLE, wing tips ect till late November. 2C047AF4-1A03-4F2D-B3A9-135FE1205D32.jpg
    James Doyle
    Aussie aircraft engineer
    Series 5 barn find in repair
    912ULS-Kiev 3 blade-round cowl

Default Re: Aussie series 5 barn find

Looks like some serious restoration happening with your build. Only way to do it. The LLE and welded al. alloy header tank are good additions. Also, recommend you stiffen the trailing edge of the wing, if not already done, so when you shrink the fabric you don't get any bowing. That shrinkage of around 10% for 350F (I used poly fibre) caused an issue for me in couple of areas. Had to redo.
    David
    SS7 Builder