Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Northeast Get together update

Default Northeast Get together update

I have the final info on our RAF Fly in at Boonville NY 1NK7 . Starts Friday Aug 23. to Sunday Aug.25 . A faa safety Seminar and practice on density Altitude . There will be camping, cook outs and some daily fly outs . You can register here https://www.FAASafety.gov - Event Online Registration Confirmation for "Know Your Airplane / Know Yourself" or rsvp to me.

Default Re: Northeast Get together update

Our Northeast Fly in at 1NK7 is done. We had 2 Kitfoxes and several other planes come in. about dozen campers and several spectators. We flew out to breakfast in the Adirondacks Piceco Lake airport cooked out the rest of the weekend. Great fun and good friends with a nice FAA safety seminar on Density Altitude with actual take offs and landing to record each pilot's performance measurements for lift off, distance to clear a 50foot obstacle and landing over a 100 foot tree to a spot and finally the roll out. DA was virtually 0 because of the nice cool weather We have made this an annual event with our local EAA ad the RAF.

The balloon was at my local airport when I was securing the plane at sundown
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fastfred; 08-26-2019 at 09:41 AM.