Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Christavia MK 1

Default Christavia MK 1

I know this is a Kitfox site, and I have a couple of Kitfox 4 projects, but I picked up this Christavia project last week up in Canada. Just curious if anyone here has any experience with these planes and what their thoughts are. Have a zero timed C 90-12 for the engine. I'm a little worried about the finished empty weight. Sure are a lot of expensive gadgets in the panel for a bush plane. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Christavia MK 1

I owned one for about 5 years while I was building my Bearhawk LSA.

IIRC, EW was around 950 and it basically had a C-150 firewall forward including prop.

As long as you are expecting "This performs like a Champ" and not "Supercub on steroids" you won't be disappointed.

Like a Champ, very solid flyer , a bit of adverse yaw, tame ground handling

Like a Champ, you are unlikely to use terms like "Climbs like a homesick angel" or "Wow, that was a short takeoff"

Mine had a forward CG with only me in it. It had an aux 5G fuel tank under the rear seat I kept full which helped but it would only wheel land if I didn't have a passenger.

Most of the year I flew with the door off without any real noticeable difference in performance.