Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Scam

Default Scam

I might have a new friend in Michigan! Whoopie.
    The following came to me in a private message. Anybody else?
    edit to add... it came from “rudder1”

Hi... been looking for a used SLSA series 7 for a loooong time. If you ordered one would you mind sharing with me how long before its done? Would like to get my CFI reinstated and this would work out great. thanks
    Last edited by jonstark; 07-31-2019 at 05:58 PM.
    Kitfox IV 1050, C180. Now I have two backcountry planes! WooHoo!

Default Re: Scam

Jon and all. Next time you receive questionable correspondence via email or Private Messaging from another member, forward it to me via steve@teamkitfox.com or to one of our site moderators.

Not sure yet if this a “scam” or a mistaken communication. If others get the same unsolicited message then I’ll dig into it. Thanks Jon.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

The question was a bit difficult to interpret but I’ve been in touch with the person. Just an internet miss-communication. Kinda thought he wanted to share an airplane! Huh? All’s good.

Jon
    Kitfox IV 1050, C180. Now I have two backcountry planes! WooHoo!

Thanks Jon. We are getting a large numbers of new members. Just over 6,800 now and growing rapidly. Many very new to the Kitfox world. Thanks for reaching out to this new member Jon. That’s a great way to to let the folks that are just discovering this great aircraft design and community that they are welcome here too. 😀👍

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I will start with saying I’m new to this forum, and this is the first time I have ever posted anything. Be gentle with me! I am ready to order a kit to build a 7 based on what I have read but I have never even sit in a kitfox. I’m 6’2” and 200lb’s, I want to sit in one and see how it feels before I pull the trigger. I live in central Oklahoma and have a plane to fly and check one out. I just need someone who will let me sit in it. Please give me some direction on where I can post the request. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Mark

Mark

i am 6 ft tall and weigh 190. I just flew the SS7 and had absolutely no problem.

i do have a suggestion. I went back to Idaho and spent some time at Stick and Rudder for a “demo” flight, which lasted about 2.5 hrs inluding the ground school. It was a fair investment including the commercial flight, the car rental, the hotel and the cost of the demo flight. BUT, I figured that if I am going to invest a lot of time and a lot of money, that it was well worth the investment. I spent time speaking with John at the factory and Paul at stick and rudder. They answered questions that I didn’t even know I had. Not only did my trip convince me that the SS 7 was the right plane for me, I came away with a great feeling regarding the people I would be buying from and training with. I put in a deposit that day and am convinced (by first hand experience) that I made the right choice. I highly recommend you do as I did. Flying the plane tells you so much more than just sitting in it.

Good Luck

Mark, if you want to sit in a Kitfox S7, contact John Halterman at Halterman Aviation.
    https://halt-av.com/
    John has a factory built S7. He’s a CFI and will not only let you sit in his airplane, but you can arrange a discovery flight. He is based at North Texas Regional, near Sherman. It’s only a couple hours drive or you could fly there in your airplane.
    I have a newly minted S7 near KGLE, your welcome to sit in, but I’m still in phase one, so I can’t take you for a ride.
    Good luck
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    Mark, if you want to sit in a Kitfox S7, contact John Halterman at Halterman Aviation.
    https://halt-av.com/
    John has a factory built S7. He’s a CFI and will not only let you sit in his airplane, but you can arrange a discovery flight. He is based at North Texas Regional, near Sherman. It’s only a couple hours drive or you could fly there in your airplane.
    I have a newly minted S7 near KGLE, your welcome to sit in, but I’m still in phase one, so I can’t take you for a ride.
    Good luck
    John

Thanks for the info guys, thats what im looking for.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Doggitz View Post
    Mark

i am 6 ft tall and weigh 190. I just flew the SS7 and had absolutely no problem.

i do have a suggestion. I went back to Idaho and spent some time at Stick and Rudder for a “demo” flight, which lasted about 2.5 hrs inluding the ground school. It was a fair investment including the commercial flight, the car rental, the hotel and the cost of the demo flight. BUT, I figured that if I am going to invest a lot of time and a lot of money, that it was well worth the investment. I spent time speaking with John at the factory and Paul at stick and rudder. They answered questions that I didn’t even know I had. Not only did my trip convince me that the SS 7 was the right plane for me, I came away with a great feeling regarding the people I would be buying from and training with. I put in a deposit that day and am convinced (by first hand experience) that I made the right choice. I highly recommend you do as I did. Flying the plane tells you so much more than just sitting in it.

Good Luck
    Thank you Sir. I will chweck it out.