Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Airventure

Default Post Airventure

Landed at Oshkosh Monday morning after the soggy delay. Parked in HBC due to them closing UL field. Didn't feel like packing everything up to try and taxi over after UL was opened. But still wish I could have parked with everyone else. There were some very nice KF's there.
    Took off friday morn at 7am. Weather was a little sketchy at first, but was able to fly all day till I was just too tired to go on. Landed at 6:30pm in georgia. Got a room for the night and got home at 10:30am sat. morn.
    I want to thank Larry and his wife for the excellent BBQ. My wife and I both agreed it was the best meal we had all week. And it was a pleasure to meet many of you from team kitfox. It was good to see Darryl again, sorry you had to leave before the BBQ. Bruce(airlina), certainly a pleasure to meet you, I could talk to you all night. And John Evan's, what a beautiful plane. It's too bad you weren't parked with all the others, but glad you were parked in my row.
    Thanks again to Larry who brought all of us together.
    Ken & Dori
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind

Default Re: Post Airventure

Ken wanted to echo your sentiments. I just got home myself today (Sat) at 1030 as well, I was happy to read that you and Dori are safe and sound at home. The Cookout by Larry and his wife was a blast and definitely my best meal as I was cooking my own food all week. Putting the faces to the forum names was great and i wish I had more time to meet more folks . Every time I met a new member , we would fall into a half hour conversation on all things Kitfox. Also like to add a big Thank You to Larry and his wife for hosting a well organized event and getting all of us from the 4 corners of Airventure to end up in the same spot for a nice evening. Bruce N199CL

I'd also like to add my thanks to Larry and his wife for hosting a great BBQ. Attendance was fantastic. His wife had to be about 20 yards away to get us all in the group picture. For those who have followed John"s (jrevens) build and his excellent tips, I'll have to say he was as gracious in person, offerings tips to us as we picked his brain. Several of us walked away with ideas to incorporate in our builds. For those who couldn't make to the greatest airshow around, I hope you can make it next year.

Rick

It was a great time and opportunity to do a little R&D (rob ideas and duplicate - one of the greatest forms of flattery). It was a shame to have missed the meal but it was time to get home and pickup the painting. We did enjoy getting to put faces with forum members. A special thanks to Ken and Dori Nougaret, John Evens and Josh Esser for the time they gave us to do a detailed review of their most excellent planes. I'll be reviewing and making notes from the pictures I took for several days.

Hope to see more people and planes there next year. Cheers, Darrel

I want to thank Larry and his wife also for hosting that awesome get together. Flying into OSH is a great achievement for many pilots especially us lower time guys It was also my 22 year old son Ryan's intro to cross country flying. He was In awe of our group and the scope of the event. The drone of the engine at 10000 feet put him right to sleep. I don't know how many controllers we have in the group but I want to give a BIG thank you for what you do. I traveled about 700miles each way from upstate NY and the controllers were friendly and helpful OH and very patient . I am not sure why sometimes there is so much static and they were difficult to understand especially crossing around the Michigan-Canada boarder. I am guessing there is a great distance for our radios from Cleveland and Toronto. It was especially nice when the nice young lady at the OSH tower complimented my every turn and landing . My weather was great except for the last 100 miles home and my last controller from Syracuse offed to vector me around some rain storms into my local small airport . It was a great trip!

I agree with you Fred. The ATC folks are pretty impressive. I unsuccessfully attempted to witness their work this year out at the Fisk intersection. (By car) I never found it. I was lucky to find someone else who had made it there has posted it on YouTube. Kinda Crazy.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I'd like to echo all of the other comments about the barbecue... what wonderful, gracious hosts (Larry... I think you need to get a bigger truck!), and what a great group of people in our Kitfox community!!! I feel so fortunate to be a little part of it with you all. So many beautiful Kitfoxes... I believe I looked at them all! So much fine workmanship and so many good ideas... wish I could build another one. I am so looking forward to the factory fly-in at the end of the month!

Left for home Sunday midday... about 900 miles to Denver, but it seemed (& was) longer with dodging weather and bucking headwinds. Spent the night in Minden, NE, sleeping on a couch in the airport building. Home on Monday morning. 19.3 hours flying time on this trip. This was the 21st year I've been fortunate enough to fly my own homebuilt to OSH.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Wow, long flying days John. Looking forward to the Fly in as well. I just got the Friday off work so I am in!
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

The days weren't so long, Eddie. Doing it in one day each way makes for pretty long days, but we took 2 days both ways. I'm getting older and I need my beauty rest.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Thank you everyone for the kind words! We are happy to do the get-together every year to see old friend and make new ones! I consider it a Family reunion!! A big thank you also goes out to John and Deb for their support!

This year was the biggest so far with around 75 people in attendance (educated estimate).

We will do it again next year as usual.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos