Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: IV rudder pedal reinforcement kit?

Default IV rudder pedal reinforcement kit?

Does anybody here know what is included in the factory kit #35015.000 for rudder pedal reinforcement? Is it just gussets or does the kit include new torque tube assemblies?

The Kitfox folks are busy at Osh I’m sure.

Thx,
    jon
    Kitfox IV 1050, C180. Now I have two backcountry planes! WooHoo!

Default Re: IV rudder pedal reinforcement kit?

Got word from factory that the kit is gussets only. FYI

i hope they’re swamped with new orders!
    Kitfox IV 1050, C180. Now I have two backcountry planes! WooHoo!

Quote Originally Posted by jonstark View Post
    Does anybody here know what is included in the factory kit #35015.000 for rudder pedal reinforcement? Is it just gussets or does the kit include new torque tube assemblies?

The Kitfox folks are busy at Osh I’m sure.

Thx,
    jon
    I just threw the parts inventory list away. Basically, it comes with the gussets, four tubes to insert into the torque tube that extends horizontally to give some extra meat for the rivets. Additionally, it has hysol, micro balloons, rivets, and very detailed instructions. You’ll have to supply your own clecos, drill and bits, clamps, and motivation😀! The rivets are 1/8” and come in various lengths.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Po

Thanks for posting the list of supplied components Podunc. I was sure it was a pretty complete kit but didn’t remember the 4 torque tube inserts for extra strength. I imagine there could still be some aircraft out in the fleet that have not made this repair. Thanks for posting this again Jon and Podunc.👍

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Thanks for posting the list of supplied components Podunc. I was sure it was a pretty complete kit but didn’t remember the 4 torque tube inserts for extra strength. I imagine there could still be some aircraft out in the fleet that have not made this repair. Thanks for posting this again Jon and Podunc.👍
    You’re welcome. I’ve gotten so much from the hive that if I can help out, I most certainly will.

Cheers,
    Po