PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox to Normandy

Auster
06-20-2019, 05:47 AM
Inspired by Ross' reporting of his Australian trips, and grateful for all of the good information on this forum, I'm sharing a link to a report with pics of a recent flight from the East of Austria to Falaise in Normandy for the D-Day 75th anniversary events. This was in the Kitfox S5 which I co-own here in Vienna. Sometimes in the report you will see it referred to as the "ersatz Auster" because I have an Auster back in Australia. A link to the story...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gaEgbkwbmr8epgNNvQkVCpEi64FXYQTa/view?usp=sharing

Dave S
06-20-2019, 07:11 AM
Beautiful story...Thanks for sharing

jiott
06-20-2019, 09:23 AM
Very nice photos.

efwd
06-20-2019, 09:48 AM
How awesome would that trip be. Only you know. I would especially love to make that trip. Paint scheme on Midlife Crisis and all. Thanks for posting it.

Auster
06-20-2019, 01:32 PM
Thanks Eddie and yes, the trip was one of those which, a couple of years ago, I wouldn't have even dreamed of. Also, my report tends to understate the emotion experienced. A couple of times we looked at each other and shouted; "nous sonts en France!" So my advice to others is keep building and keep planning. In the end I think planning brings far more than dreaming. It was a great trip and the most difficult borders tend to be those in our heads.

rosslr
06-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Nice one Auster!! Great trip, well told! I particularly like your wise offering that the 'most difficult borders are those in our heads..."

Look forward to more.

cheers

ross

David47
06-20-2019, 09:18 PM
A really nice read Auster. Thanks.... I like your writing style ... whimsical with a large dollop of humour ....