PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a first build

Iceman91m
06-15-2019, 10:46 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I am looking for opinions from experienced builders on how “easy” a build is. I am wanting to build a series 7, but I am thinking maybe leave it to the pros. I am fairly mechanically inclined. Is it recommended to have some sort of experience/knowledge before building? Also, if anyone on here is in the Twin Falls, Idaho area id like to connect and come see your fox! Thank you!

DesertFox4
06-15-2019, 10:41 PM
Welcome aboard Iceman. I hope you get to visit in person with a builder in your area. You likely will find them to be a first time builder. Most are happy to share their experiences building their Kitfox.

Michaels kitfox
06-16-2019, 07:24 AM
Iceman,
If I can do it anybody can! It just takes time. The manual is very, very good and the support from the factory is even better. I do live here in Twin Falls and would love for you to come by and see what your next project could look like.

Michael Verzwyvelt

efwd
06-16-2019, 07:40 AM
Iceman, go onto the Kitfox website and view the manual they have posted. Look at one page of instructions, any page, and you will see that they are written so well that you will realize it isn't too difficult. Occasionally you will come across something you don't understand and that is where this forum is so helpful. If you need to, you can call the factory on weekdays so you won't be left without help very long. Don't fool yourself though, You will be challenged at times. In the end, that is the source of the pride you will experience.

Iceman91m
06-16-2019, 09:32 AM
Thank you! I did get a message from a guy here in Twin, I’m going to take a look at his series 7.

Iceman91m
06-16-2019, 09:34 AM
Thank you! I am going to check out the manual!

Iceman91m
06-16-2019, 09:36 AM
Thank you for reaching out! I am excited to come take a look!

Agfoxflyer
06-20-2019, 10:53 AM
If you know what end of a screw driver to grab, you are probably qualified. Kitfox manual is probably best in the business, and loads of help on this forum. Just wish the forum was here when I built my Kitfox.

Iceman91m
06-20-2019, 02:54 PM
If you know what end of a screw driver to grab, you are probably qualified. Kitfox manual is probably best in the business, and loads of help on this forum. Just wish the forum was here when I built my Kitfox.

🤣🤣😂, well I think I do