PDA

View Full Version : New Prop Choice for 100hp Subaru

Spaghettiohead
06-13-2019, 12:35 PM
I've posted in the Engines forum for advice specific to returning to service...but I know nothing about the Subaru engine and the best prop choice. Not sure what was on it prior to the prop strike. What are y'all using? 68" I imagine? Two or three blade? Thanks!

jiott
06-14-2019, 01:54 PM
You may get a few responses, but don't expect much because there are very very few Subaru powered Kitfoxes due to weight and cooling problems and many folks who got screwed by Eggenfelner who was one of the main Subaru conversion shops.

Phat_bastard
06-14-2019, 05:24 PM
Is it the NSI Subaru?

ghillifox
10-16-2019, 10:09 PM
I've posted in the Engines forum for advice specific to returning to service...but I know nothing about the Subaru engine and the best prop choice. Not sure what was on it prior to the prop strike. What are y'all using? 68" I imagine? Two or three blade? Thanks!

I have a 72” ivo med. that I ran for about 200 hours on a stratus Subaru conversion (115 hp).
The prop was awesome ,easy to get the correct pitch ,quiet and trouble free.
i pulled the Subaru and won’t need the prop anymore. I have spacers and the spinner 11” .
gonna get rid of all of it . Subaru too if anyone is interested, firewall forward everything.
still running awesome going to a lycoming more HP.

avidflyer
10-17-2019, 05:49 AM
You didn't mention in this post what you had for a reduction drive, but I looked at your other post and see you have a gear reduction. Most likely you then need a left hand prop for your engine. The Stratus Subaru engine uses a belt drive, so it uses a right hand prop. That being the case, I will mention that I have a IVO medium 70" 3 blade left hand inflight adjustable prop for sale. That prop has never been used. I do also have a new quick adjust hub in case a person didn't want to go with the inflight adjustable set up. Contact me by private message if you want more info. And ghillifox, I would have kept out of it and not stepped on your possible sale if I thought you had the correct direction prop for his needs. I did some research before I posted my message. JImChuk

ghillifox
10-17-2019, 08:23 AM
No worries mate.