PDA

View Full Version : K & N filters

fastfred
06-11-2019, 03:39 PM
I called K & N today for a part number and was treated very poorly when she asked what it was for and I told her. She said they do not support or supply parts for any aircraft and refused to even give me a part number then hung up. Aircraft spruce has a big advertisement for them on their site ? They also sell another brand so I will take K & N off my Vender list as they no longer support our sport!

Carlyle
06-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Which engine are you wanting to buy a K&N filter for?

efwd
06-11-2019, 05:23 PM
All throughout my build I never told but one vendor what I was using the item on for that very reason. People like to raise the price on the items as well. When I went in to get my exhaust stinger chromed, the shop had lots of airplane stuff around the office. They do so much work on parts for Northrop and the like. They were the only ones I figured wouldn't give me grief. Unfortunate that the person was so rude though. That is unacceptable.

fastfred
06-12-2019, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=Carlyle;912 ULS with carb heat

airlina
06-12-2019, 03:22 PM
I found early on that you cannot ever say that you are using a non aviation vendors product for an airplane. my first experience with this was at a hydraulics and hose place locally where I was trying to buy some odd ball plumbing fittings. When the sales guy offhandedly asked what the fittings were for , I naively said an airplane I was building and that was the end of the sale. Went back a week or two later got a different sales guy and said they where for an old bulldozer, and those fittings are on my airplane today. The homebuilders don't ask don't tell policy. Bruce N199CL

Dusty
06-12-2019, 11:46 PM
If asked,the best and most honest answer is, it's for an off road vehicle. The salespersons eyes usually glase over and no truth gets hurt in the the purchasing process:rolleyes::rolleyes:

PapuaPilot
06-20-2019, 06:42 PM
If asked,the best and most honest answer is, it's for an off road vehicle. The salespersons eyes usually glase over and no truth gets hurt in the the purchasing process:rolleyes::rolleyes:

That has been my standard line too. No one seems to question it.