PDA

View Full Version : Another restoration completed

Bud Davidson
05-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Well, it took 3 yrs but N122DP is restored after its second crash. Fuselage stripped to the tubing. All damaged tubing replaced, new polyfiber fabric. Replaced wings from a parted out speedster also redone including replacement fuel tanks and strobes in each. Rotax 912UL drive and carbs redone at Lockwood, lower unit and cylinders checked out by South MS light Aircraft and a new ground adjustable Ivo prop. Took two years to get FAA registration and another 8 months to get the Airworthiness Certificate which took a special effort by a Team Kitfox contributor.

They said it couldn't be done. Played it straight with FAA and it was a struggle, but it's done. Just have to do what they insist on, regardless.

Anyone attempting this wishing some detail on this effort I would be happy to share.

Bud

efwd
05-11-2019, 01:58 PM
Congratulations Bud! Sounds like a difficult endeavor but your effort will establish a precedent for others to navigate a bit easier. Pics?

ken nougaret
05-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Congrats Bud! I got a slight look at it at sun n fun and it looked good. I went by your camp spot there a couple of times but didn't see you.
Ken