PDA

View Full Version : Propeller help

jrd
05-05-2019, 06:35 AM
Help! I have a new, in the crate, Quinti Avio 3 bladeelectric IFA constant speed prop. Was going to use on my Kitfox but after assemblingthe blades to the hub, I found that one of the blades was set 2 deg out fromthe other 2. It has warp drive blades but they can't help! The blades are heldin by a metal collet and are indexed to fit into the hub adjuster all at thesame angle, but that is only if all the collets are secured at the same angle!Does anyone know how this collet is attached to the blade? It looks fairlystraight forward but there is some sort of adhesive holding everything togetherand I am unsure as to how much heat it will take before I damage the blades themselves.At the least I may be able to cut the collets off and salvage the blades! Anyassistance would be appreciated.

JRD

kmach
05-05-2019, 08:36 AM
I've never heard of that company. you need to ask the propeller system manufacturer how to proceed.

jrd
05-05-2019, 02:04 PM
That is because they were made in Italy and now out of business, and I can see why with this type of quality control! They were used on Subaru conversions for a while!