PDA

View Full Version : Battery mount plate

T.W. Sullivan
04-29-2019, 08:16 PM
I am building an older Kitfox 4, there was never an original battery mount plate welded to the empennage aft of the seat on witch to secure the battery box to, what optins do I have to install a battery mount plate. the aircraft is covered and painted an I don't want to risk welding a plate at this time

HighWing
04-29-2019, 09:35 PM
The kit came with a plastic (poly) battery box that was attached to the fuselage tubing with Adel clamps in a location that would best fit into the weight and balance limits. Using a different battery now - sealed - I made a box out of riveted aluminum with a velcro strap and attached it with Adel clamps to the structural tubing.

efwd
04-29-2019, 09:40 PM
Fasten the plate to the fuselage tubing with Adel Clamps.

Oh, I see Lowell beat me to the "submit" button. :D

HighWing
04-30-2019, 06:35 AM
Eddie - funny - my thought too. I had to check the submit times and in a 24 hour day, I'll call it a tie.

jonstark
05-05-2019, 11:40 AM
I am building an older Kitfox 4, there was never an original battery mount plate welded to the empennage aft of the seat on witch to secure the battery box to, what optins do I have to install a battery mount plate. the aircraft is covered and painted an I don't want to risk welding a plate at this time

Depending on your engine choice and your weight and balance you may want or need to mount the battery as far forward as possible. Which engine are you using?