PDA

View Full Version : Kitfox Owners Newsletter

KitfoxSS
03-25-2019, 05:46 PM
I've been going through the old documents and build notes of my Kitfox II.
And it has come to my attention that the Kitfox Owners Newsletter's contain a treasure trove of information directly from Denny Aerocraft themselves.
I fear some of these things will be lost in time.
For instance. Here's an interesting read.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to put together a thread with all Owner Newsletter's we can scrounge up?
To keep for posterity, and also to compile any knowledge that may have become second hand knowledge by now.

Thoughts?

Esser
03-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Kitfox as we know it now used to send a year wrap up with things coming down the pipe etc. I wish they still did that. I think saving all the info we can for future builders/rebuilders is important

HighWing
03-27-2019, 11:27 AM
I have a lot of stuff saved from the days of my first build 1993-1998 and maybe beyond. If this takes off, I would be willing to copy and send. Some of the newsletters are multi page and wonder if highlights only or PDFs of entire issues. They sometimes featured builders projects as I recall.

DesertFox4
03-27-2019, 12:13 PM
I never got on the mailing list back then for these letters so it is very interesting to look back at the earlier days of the design. If members want to share these letters, I’d be happy to “sticky” the thread so it can be found very easily on this site. It would be nice to archive this bit of the Kitfox history.
Thanks for sharing KitfoxSS and Lowell.

HighWing
03-27-2019, 06:54 PM
Uploaded the first of my early Kitfox documents - the Nov Dec issue of Kitfox times with an additional letter from Dan Denney explaining the similarly dated Owner Update insert. Curious if users feel the PDF format is more or less convenient for the typical user of the forum.

rv9ralph
03-27-2019, 10:07 PM
I have a binder of newsletters from the early 90s. I’ll have to check the dates, scan and upload if needed.
Ralph

t j
03-28-2019, 08:42 AM
For a while the "kitfox Times" evolved into a magazine with glossy cover and all. I had a box full of those that somehow got lost when we moved from Oregon to Washington about 15 years ago.

For easier reading click on the images below to enlarge.

There was another news letter called "The Kitfox Builder". It was published by a guy building a kitfox.

Then there was "The Jefferson airplane sent out sporadically by a guy that lived in Jefferson County, Oregon.

HighWing
03-29-2019, 03:55 PM
Found one more.

HighWing
01-25-2020, 09:09 PM
Kitfox Times April 1996 Including Recommendations for gear alignment.