PDA

View Full Version : Tru Trak Digitrak single axis auto pilot

avidflyer
02-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Hi all, I'm curious if anyone on the site here are flying with one of these auto pilots, and what are your thoughts about them. If you had one and switched over to a two axis, feel free to comment as well please. John R. I sent you a private message about this, but feel free to comment here if you like. Thanks all, JImChuk

jrevens
02-18-2019, 11:03 PM
I replied to the private message, but to put it in fewer words - I love my DigiTrak. Wish they still made them. TruTrak was considered the best by many of us when Jim Younkin ran the company (that he started), but I don't know a lot about the newer units. The DigiTrak I had in my Thorp T-18 worked beautifully for over 20 years.

AirFox
02-19-2019, 02:13 AM
I installed Autopilot pitch and roll servos to my Advanced Flight Systems EFIS last summer. Works great and I just love using it. Adds to the efficiency on cross country flights. Adds to safety in congested airspace. I wish I would have installed it earlier.

The hardest part of the installation was building the servo brackets in a finished airplane. To add Autopilot to my system only cost two servos and a network hub. Cost me $1500.

Well worth the added weight. Cross country trips to the backcountry are just a pleasure now.

Scott

AirFox
02-19-2019, 02:21 AM
Attached are pictures of the pitch and roll servo brackets. I built my own. I would have bought them from Kitfox but the lead time was too long at the time.

avidflyer
02-19-2019, 09:14 AM
Thanks John and Scott for the responces. Here is a picture of the AP I was referring to. It's just a single axis. JImChuk

jrevens
02-19-2019, 11:14 AM
That’s exactly the unit I have, Jim.