PDA

View Full Version : Heated seats

WWhunter
02-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Has anyone used the heated seat inserts in their plane? Living in MN I was thinking of putting the 'Watercarbon' type inside the seat while upholstering. They are fairly reasonable at less than $100. That is for 4 pads which would cover pilot and passenger. I've been using the cheap ones, that plug into the cigar lighter, the kind you can get at any 'Mart type store.

aviator79
02-14-2019, 04:57 AM
I know a guy putting them in his Arion Lightning. It seems like a pretty easy setup. His have controls in the panel very much like the ones in my car. And now that I have them in my car, I never want a car without them.

pakitdvr
02-17-2019, 06:17 PM
My concern is current draw 60 watts a seat= 5amps a seat at max x 2 you are pulling a constant 10 amps with the normal load of radios and instruments will your system handle that. I have considered it my self

WWhunter
02-17-2019, 07:25 PM
My concern is current draw 60 watts a seat= 5amps a seat at max x 2 you are pulling a constant 10 amps with the normal load of radios and instruments will your system handle that. I have considered it my self

Plane has 40 amp alternator. I will have to make sure the load doesn't exceed with everything powered up.