PDA

View Full Version : Second Generation Flying Kitfox 4

RedRooster
01-23-2019, 12:05 PM
I built our Kitfox 4 in 1993 and flew it 400 hours until divorce garaged it in 2003. My son Kirby, III (co-pilot) has become a pilot and inspired me to rebuild it after 15 years of storage. This is a short video of his first flight in the Kitfox. He loved it. We are flying over Bonsall, CA making shallow turns while climbing. I'm just learning the GoPro.
Truly a dream come true to get the Kitfox back in the air after all those years and have my son fly it too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu_JLDl_mQU

DesertFox4
01-23-2019, 12:29 PM
Kirby, congrats to your son on his pilot’s license. Big accomplishment and how sweet to get your Kitfox flying again. Enjoy every flght. Maybe we’ll see you both at the next Kitfox factory fly in.
First GoPro video looks fine. Keep recording your adventures. Thanks for sharing.😀

efwd
01-23-2019, 06:22 PM
Kirby, that is really neat to see. I have a 17 y/o son and a soon to be 15 y/o son. I am looking forward to those type of moments. Congrats on being able to keep it in the first place, and storing it for this opportunity.
Thanks for posting.

HighWing
01-23-2019, 06:58 PM
I like the whole report. The pilot son part, probably the best. Welcome back and have fun - both of you.