PDA

View Full Version : Whelen A-600 Strobe/Marker light question

Maverick
01-14-2019, 01:10 PM
I am working on my panel and trying to figure out how many switches I need.

In the attached picture of my strobe/marker lights you can see three sets of wires. The two blue wires and the set of red and black wires from the green marker light are part of the question. Since the rear facing white light (blue wires) has no polarity, can I just connect one of the blue wires to the black wire and the other to the red wire and run them both through a single switch? Or, does the rear facing white marker light have to have it's own circuit?

Thanks in advance for input.
Maverick

Dave S
01-14-2019, 03:17 PM
Maverick,

I wired up two circuits with separate switches, one for the strobes and one for the position lights(red/green/white).

I have some thin remembrance :confused:that normally certificated aircraft are required to have this circuit separation.

Other than that, thinking that the light assembly kit should have had some instructions/suggestions. If not - maybe check Wheelan's website to see if they have some detailed instructions.

Maverick
01-14-2019, 03:31 PM
Dave, I will have a separate circuit for the strobe lights apart from the navigation lights. My question is on the nav-lights. Can both the rear facing white light and the green forward facing light be on the same circuit and switch?
Thanks for your feedback.
Maverick

jiott
01-14-2019, 03:54 PM
I believe yes. The rear facing white lights are actually marker/position lights and should always be ON whenever the red/green lights are on.

Dave S
01-14-2019, 04:51 PM
What Jim said - red, white and green go on the same circuit/switch:)

efwd
01-14-2019, 05:48 PM
My AeroLEDs have two switches, Nav and strobe. When my Nav is on, my green/red as well as the trailing white lights are all on.

Maverick
10-05-2019, 03:46 PM
Does anyone have pictures of how they installed wing tip nav/strobe lights. It looks like I need to do some fabrication with fiberglass to make a way to mount the lights. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Fred