PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from Austria

Piperfan71
01-09-2019, 06:18 AM
Hello,
I want to introduce myself,
My name is Oliver and I will turn 48 in a short time and I was a friend of Robert since I was a kid.
Robert was killed in a plane crash with a PA 18 while driving out the starlings from the vineyards by hanging on a power line.
I took over his Kitfox II so that it stays in "the family". The engine is running, has about 400 hours and I'm about to reactivate the Kitfox again.
I myself did my PPL on a PA 18 and now I have to see that I am learning how to handle the Kitfox.

best regards from Austria,
Oliver

P.S.: please excuse my lack of englisch.....

DesertFox4
01-09-2019, 06:34 AM
Oliver, I am sorry to hear of Robert’s death. My condolences to you and all of Robert’s friends and family.

I’m sure that Robert would be happy that a good friend will keep his Kitfox flying. Welcome to the forums Oliver.

Av8r3400
01-09-2019, 10:44 AM
(Moved this to it's own thread)

Welcome, Oliver.

David47
01-09-2019, 09:32 PM
best regards from Austria,
Oliver

P.S.: please excuse my lack of englisch.....

There's nothing wrong with your English Oliver. At least you have two languages to your library. Most of us have only one ....... welcome. :D

Piperfan71
01-10-2019, 04:48 AM
Many thanks for the warm welcome.

efwd
01-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Very Cool Oliver, welcome to the forum. Warm wishes for your friend, family and yourself for your loss.
That will be some transition your about to experience. The KF will be far more maneuverable. :)

bbs428
01-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Welcome Aboard. :)

Spook712
01-11-2019, 05:18 AM
Welcome !

There are quite a few Kotfoxes in Germany almost all Series.

Feel free to contact or come over to Germany.

Where are you located in Austria?

Greets,
Tuna

Piperfan71
01-11-2019, 06:18 AM
I am located in the east of Austria, State Burgenland, in the aerea called Seewinkel. This is east of lake Neusiedl and is the most flat aerea in whole Austria near the hungarian borderline.

regards, Oliver

Piperfan71
01-11-2019, 06:25 AM
Very Cool Oliver, welcome to the forum. Warm wishes for your friend, family and yourself for your loss.
That will be some transition your about to experience. The KF will be far more maneuverable. :)

I have already heard that with good maneuverability from several people:). I already have flown a KF 7. This was a fine experience. I'm looking forward to the KF 2, because I've been told that the series 1 to 4 should be even more agile.

regards, Oliver

Auster
01-11-2019, 01:27 PM
Hello Oliver, Kerry here. I also knew Robert, talked to him several times about his KF2 and KF7, and met him in Burgenland, at Stockerau and Krems. He was a good person and I was very sad to hear of his accident and extend my deepest sympathies to you and his closest friends and family.

Our Kitfox 5 is based at Stockerau and you are welcome to come and fly with me whenever you have the time. I can also put you in touch with an experienced Kitfox instructor. Maybe send me a private message on this forum and then I can give you my contact details.

Und ich kann auch Deutsch! Nicht perfekt aber mindestens so gut wie dein Englisch.

Herzlich willkommen in der Kitfox Familie.