PDA

View Full Version : Control Stick Boots?

SWeidemann
12-27-2018, 08:23 AM
KF Folks,

What do people use for Stick Boots?

My stick bases are open, unprotected & drafty, so I have been searching for a solution, starting with designing & fabricating my own (not as simple as I was hoping), next an EBay purchase of some nice Aeronca boots (too confining for the long fore & aft Kitfox stick movements). Now I’m starting all over again, so I’m asking if there is a good ready made set or at least someone sharing how they have solved sealing up the stick opening?

Thanks much,

Skot

DesertFox4
12-27-2018, 10:50 AM
I didn’t see mention of calling Kitfox Aircraft for the boots. Have you checked with Debra? 208-337-5111
FYI- the factory is closed until right after New Years.
Happy New Year Skot.:)

Dick B in KY
12-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Sewed my own, zipper and all. Just like you see on military acft.

Dick B

Maverick
12-31-2018, 11:48 AM
What I did for the first build and what I plan to do with this one is to search for automotive gear shift boots that will cover the openings and allow for the stick travel. It worked well before so I intend to do it again. Search "stick shift boot universal" on Amazon and you'll find many to consider.

SWeidemann
12-31-2018, 02:54 PM
Great idea about shifter boot. I have one on order from ORileys right now, so I’ll see how it works. This is kind of like ordering a coolant hose to get around my engine mount by looking at the pictures of the hoses in the catalogue.

Skot

ken nougaret
12-31-2018, 07:02 PM
I bought mine from Kitfox. It was a couple of years ago and i think they were about $200 for the boots that were sewn to the carpets and also included heal pads built into the carpets. In other words they were carpets and boots combined. I would have done my own but it was one of the last things and just wanted to order and have it done.

sturdee
01-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Volvo 940 leather gear shift boots work fine !