PDA

View Full Version : Seat pan trimming

Frontier Fox
12-13-2018, 06:51 PM
Hey Kitfox Builder’s

I am fitting the seat pan and it is going pretty well but I have just one question.

Is the fiberglass trimmed even with the top of the door opening? It does not specify in the manual exactly at what height it should be.

Thank you for your input.

Dave S
12-13-2018, 07:49 PM
Joe,

I trimmed mine off even with the edge of the door opening - seemed to make the most sense so stuff doesn't get caught on it entering and exiting the aircraft - or get in the way of the latch mechanism - although you may have a different latch mechanism than the early S7 like ours with the double pin. I wouldn't cut it lower as that might affect the strength.

I'd just do what makes sense.:)

efwd
12-14-2018, 07:58 AM
I would try to trim to the edge of the door frame. I didn't make this inquiry so mine is trimmed almost to the bottom of the door frame. I like mine the way it is. My butt drags on my stainless steel door frame instead of it dragging across the fabric that is used to cover the pan. One down side I have. if I plan to sit in the airplane I need to try to put the installation hardware on the seat pan because if I don't the seat pan will slip back and down just enough to get the edge of the pan to slip under the door frame and it is a bugger to dislodge it from under the edge of the stainless steel trim.

Frontier Fox
12-14-2018, 06:52 PM
So I went ahead and trimmed the side of the seat pan so that it matches up with the height of the door frames. This looks like it will work out fine.

Thanks for the support. :)